Friday, November 15, 2013

Product Review: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation

I'm spoiling with a post every day ;) I have a lot of things to review since I just got started, and since I did just start the blog I figured I might as well get as many posts up as I can to get things rollin'.

I've used Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation in Classic Ivory for about 6 months now. I have both pros and cons with this foundation.




PROS: When I first got this foundation, I knew I needed something to help with my acne and dark spots and not accentuate my dry areas. I do believe after about a month I started noticing an improvement, a lightening, on the darks spots from my face, and it didn't break me out. However, if you have dry/combination skin like me, you will need to moisturize before applying. It still wasn't the best for my dry spots, but I dealt with it.


CONS: Not until I started using a new foundation did I realize just how off this shade was for my skin tone. I'm so embarrassed now. I got this foundation in the lightest shade, and it was still too dark for my pale skin. I didn't notice a huge difference when I first started wearing it and thought I could get by, but now I realize it was quite a stretch. If you have very pale skin like me, you may not even be able to find the right shade.
The coverage is not what I'd like it to be at all. I didn't realize it was going to be a light coverage, and by the middle of the day, sometimes even before, my dark spots showed right through and it looked like I wasn't wearing any foundation at all.


If you have a clear complexion that needs tone correcting and enhancing, this would be a beautiful coverage for you. If you don't mind a foundation not covering all your imperfections, I'd still recommend this because I do believe it helped my skin overall. However, if you have dry skin and want a fuller coverage, I'd steer clear of this foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment