Monday, November 25, 2013

2013 AMA's Best and Worst Dressed

I didn't watch the AMA's, one because I don't have TV, two it isn't the grand event of the year for me (I'm 100% the movie world, hurry up and get here already, Oscars!) However, I love seeing what everyone wore, and best and worst lists just keep popping up over the internet, so I decided I'd better do one as well. 
I'll start this post off by saying that I'm no expert in fashion, and most of my opinions are just that - opinions. So apologies if I insult an incredible work of understated art that's speaking to the world through fabric, but that's just not me.

I also like to keep things classy, so I'm completely eliminating dresses that are "obviously" immodest (whether you dress "modestly" or not, you know which ones I'm talking about!)


WORST: Paula Patton

Combination of a dress + nightgown + beach maxi coverup? Just not sure about this one, Miss Patton. 



BEST: Brandi Cyrus

Brandi sparkled in a sequined white gown perfect for the upcoming snowy-weather, plus…who doesn't absolutely love those shoes?! Her beautiful neutral makeup and red lip added some class.




WORST: Emma Roberts

Everything about this is wrong. Was she attending a 70s parties? Smokey makeup, shiny shoes, and a baggy clutch to fit the baggy…something. So Glad you are confident to wear what you want to wear, Emma. I will say your hair and makeup are gorgeous. 




MIDDLE: Katy Perry

The polka dots make my eyes go wonky, and I've never been a fan of random roses with scary leaves on a dress. And to me, the added organza gives this dress a cheap feeling - but that's just me. However, I say middle on this because I love the shape of the gown, her makeup is gorgeous, and the clutch is practically amazing.



WORST: Kelly Osbourne

The purple hair is staying for a looong time, and I've come to accept that. But that dress…completely overwhelming with the hair color + heavy bangs + sparkly clutch. Very unflattering, unbalanced look.



WORST: Keltie Knight

Sparkles, or confetti…and jewels…and a summer beachy wave…and...a peacock? I'm not sure, some sort of feathered friend, maybe an exotic chicken...



WORST: Lil Mamma

Sorry…way too much matching happening on the hair and dress. My initial impression was Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Creepy. 



BEST: Jennifer Hudson

This dress is simple but obviously a love it or hate it dress. Right now I'm loving it simply for the colors because I got into this combination late in the summer. I love how most of the dress is orange (a flattering color on her), and then the pink peeks through with a pop down by the legs instead of trying to mix the two colors together in some sort of crazy pattern. She kept her makeup and jewelry low-key as well to balance the bright colors.



WORST: Zendaya
The super long hair, super long tunic thing, and then the pants and thick heels? Zendaya, you seem like a cute, sweet girl, but this screams blah. 

You may think I'm super picky when it comes to fashion. Hey - you'd be RIGHT! But I believe in speaking my own opinion and so there you have it. 
A common theme I saw on this red carpet was white (I listed only three, but there were more…), which I thought was interesting for November, but hey - they aren't freezing in the North Country like me, and I never did like the no-white-after-summer rule.  The messy, beachy hairstyle, whether your locks be long or short, still seems to be staying strong. While I think the look is very beautiful, I'll admit I'm a little sick of it. Overall, not really impressed with the fashion displayed at the American Music Awards (anyone else agree the 2013 year for fashion has been…lightly put, crazy?).












No comments:

Post a Comment