Thursday, November 14, 2013

First Impressions: Wet n Wild Foundation and Blush

On a whim yesterday (I seem to do that a lot) I bought a container of Wet 'n Wild Coverall Cream Foundation and Wet 'n Wild ColorIcon Blush in Mellow Wine. Since today is only my first day using the products, I'm not going to give a full-blown review obviously, but I just wanted to express what my first impressions are on these products.




First of all, the PRICE of these!! The foundation was only $3.99 and I believe the blush was $2.99. The low price almost made me nervous as far as the quality, but I decided to get them anyways because I didn't know exactly what I wanted yet, but I needed something to hold me over until I did.

Reviews online are encouraging - people seem to really love these products and only complained that the blush is extremely pigmented and easy to get too much. But anyways, on with MY thoughts.


Foundation: The only con so far is that the smell is a little odd. I don't notice it when it's on my face, but as I was putting it on it smelled a little funky. Again, not too strong and not enough to bug my sensitivities. The cream spread extremely easily over my face as well, which I absolutely loved (I do have dry skin and applied moisturizer on first, so that could've been part of the reason). The bottle says it is medium-full coverage and I was skeptical at first, but at the moment I'd say it's probably a medium coverage. It's doing a fairly good job of covering my blemishes, but my dark spots are still peeking through a bit. However, it seems to be much better than the foundation I had been using, Neutrogena Healthy Skin (review here).

Blush: People weren't kiddin'. I very, very lightly swept my (own) blush brush over the powder and swept it gently over my cheeks, and there was quite a bit of color. I ended up using my fingers to rub it over my skin a little for blending. However, if you make sure to use the right amount and not too much, the blush is soft and beautiful looking. It seems to be very flattering against my skin and eyes.

Soo, we shall see how well the product stays on my face throughout the day and if it ends up aggravating my dry, acne-prone skin. I'll post a full review of the products in 1-2 weeks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment