Thursday, December 5, 2013

Product Review: Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick

After doing some research, I figured the Wet n Wild Megalast Lipstick was a 50-50 chance. However, they were cheap ($1.99 each), and so I figured I'd give it a whirl.

Boy, do I wish I hadn't.

I bought 2 colors. One in number 903C "Just Peachy" and the other in 910D "Red Velvet."



But first, the kinda goods:

I grabbed the Just Peachy because I was looking for a good pinkish-nude color and thought this looked perfect; nope. Now, I will say the color of this one gorgeous, however it's not at all nude like it might appear. It is CORAL with a tint of peach. A perfect summer color, just not what I was looking for.

I've never been one for dark shades…well, let me rephrase that. I've never been able to pull them off ;) However, I thought I'd give a red a try and see what happened. Red Velvet is a very pretty color, bit of a brighter red with a strong pink undertone…it's really almost a deep, bright pink. Perfect for a fun, vintage look if you prefer such a thing.

However, the bad stuff…

I just…I'm sorry. I've tried a couple of other Wet n Wild products and plan to try more, but these were a total bust. I don't know what makes me different from the good reviews out there, but these just don't work for me.
First of all, I read the color lasts up to 6 hours. Okay, the red does stain (the lipsticks are a matte finish, fyi) but the true color doesn't last. As far as the Just Peachy…I wore it to work one day and an hour later I checked in the mirror to see how the stuff was lasting and the color had clumped in a line in the middle of my lips. Embarrassing. The other day I tried the red again and the color would NOT spread evenly over my lips (not to mention the stuff smudges like crazy, gotta be extra careful it doesn't leave your lip line).

I apologize for not getting pictures of the colors in RL, but I couldn't get pictures that conveyed their true color well enough. Plus, if this is a bad review, are they really necessary? ;)

However, if you put swatches of the stuff on your arms (which I did when trying to take photos for you) they'll last for up to 2 days and counting *cough*

Overall, though the colors are beautiful, it isn't worth the hassle and constant-checking-up-on, even for the low price.

Recommend to a friend? Nope.
Rating: 1 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

  1. The lighter color I have does the same thing on the lips, but opposite. It left an outline on my lips, and it kind of got "beady". The darker color I have is great though! Maybe it depends on the colors? Just a tip too, (though you may already know this) if you blot your lips with a piece of tissue after applying the color it shouldn't smudge. That's what I do, and it seems to work! :) Also, I put lip balm on a little bit before putting on any matte lip color, that way it makes the color go on more smoothly!

    I totally agree with the staining of the arms. Lol. I swatched another lip product on my arms yesterday, and went to church last night... then realized I had horrible lines all over my lower arm. I took a shower last night, and it still didn't come off. And this morning they're still showing strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I still have the spots on my arms too! :P

    It might depend on the colors… I haven't tried blotting my lips, but I do put lip balm on at least 5 minutes before applying the color. :) It's weird, even when trying to spread the red over the lips it won't go on evenly. Perhaps I just got a bad one? Haha! I'm still going to try a few things and see if I can make them work, but we'll see. For now, just not impressed ;)

    ReplyDelete