Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Drugstore Beauty HAUL!!

So excited to do my first haul (if 11 items count as a haul…tonight, I say they do)! Now, I wouldn't normally be doing something like this so close to Christmas, however last Friday I had an extra discount because I work at this particular drugstore. So I mean, come on…gotta take advantage of THAT ;)


I haven't been using these products long enough to give a good review on them, so for now I'll just tell you what I got/first impressions. I plan on reviewing some of these in detail later. 

1) Eucerin Intensive Repair Very Dry Skin Lotion

My dad seems to love Eucerin lotion so I thought I'd give this a try - my hands have been horrible dry since I started working, and I desperately needed something. So, I ignored all the pretty bottles of yummy smelling lotion and went with this serious stuff. I'm not incredibly impressed so far. Now, I'm someone who usually HATES putting lotion on her hands, however I had been using a small container of lemon-scented lotion that my mom picked up from a hotel and I loved using that stuff. Eucerin is just ok to me so far. It takes a long time to rub the lotion in fully and even when it does soak in, my hands still have a greasy feeling to them that takes a few minutes to go away. My dryness seems to be a little better, but not drastically. I'll definitely use this bottle up, but we'll see if I actually start experiencing results…

2) eos Shaving Cream in Vanilla Bliss

I had looked seen this on pinterest before and wanted to try it, and I was so surprised to see my little drugstore carried it! I immediately snatched the bottle, knowing ahead of time it didn't contain parabens…but I failed to read the rest of the ingredients. I got home and found out it contains petrolatum. I decided to go ahead and keep it (if it had been lip balm or lotion, ect., I wouldn't have), but after one use I wish I hadn't. Not to be gross, but my legs are dry and a little scaly looking in some areas. This stuff does nothing to moisturize. …To be honest I'm glad :P Now I don't feel as sad never buying this product again, despite the cute packaging and the fact that the pump looks like the head of a Star Wars droid… 

3) Physician's Formula Organic Wear Mascara

I heard good reviews on this mascara from one of my favorite youtubers, and since it contains no parabens, no harsh chemicals, no GMO's, no synthetic colors, no synthetic fragrances, no synthetic preservatives, and is cruelty free (phew!), I thought I'd try it. I also got an awesome deal - this brand is very expensive, but I got two for the price of one! To be honest, I'm not sure of this stuff yet. Reviews to come.

4) Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Palette in Petal Pusher

Detailed review to come later, however I can tell you right now I won't be purchasing because these eyeshadows contain parabens (as you can see, and will continue to see, I was exhausted and shopping late at night after work. My head wasn't in the game…)

5) Wet n Wild Idol Eyes Creme Eyeshadow Pencil (seen between eos and mascara)

I cannot wait to try this out! It just…looks like fun ;) And it has good reviews online. I bought this in color Pixie - it's a very light taupe with a hint of gold in it. So gorgeous!

6) NYC Individual Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

This eyeshadow palette in Smokey Brown was created specifically for brown eyes. I've used it once and love the colors, but I'll have to give a better review later. I bought this mainly because I thought the fact that it came with a primer and highlighter was cool, but I'm disappointed in the highlighter - it's mainly sparkles. 

7) Wet n Wild Pressed Powder in number 815

You may have read my ravings about the Wet n Wild Coverall Foundation (here), so I thought I'd pick up the pressed powder to go with it. I've only ever used loose powder before, and I have to say, I think I'm a fan of pressed - as least this one. It goes on lightly and when over foundation, it doesn't really highlight dry spots like powder foundation does (if you apply it directly to skin after using moisturizer, I've found it does bring out those dry spots more). It provides a very minimum amount of extra coverage.

8) Softlips Intense Moisture in Berry Mint

First application - holy moley that menthol burns. After a little bit…THIS IS THE BEST STUFF EVER! One day later - what was I thinking?! I wish I could return these. I got them as a deal - two for the price of one, $2.99 - and first of all, I forgot to look at the ingredients AGAIN. Petrolatum, right there smack dab in front of my eyes. Not to mention a bunch of other stuff that you should avoid in lip balms. This stuff provides moisture for a few minutes but the end result literally dries out your lips. I've gone back to using just my tinted lip balm from NYC because it's ten times more moisturizing than this stuff. My poor lips feel like they've been beaten. If anyone has any suggestions for lip balm that actually works, please share!

9) NAILS - Broadway Real Life French Manicure Fake Nails in Petites and Sinful Colors Professional nail polish in Ruby Ruby

Lots of people have been coming into the store lately with fake nails and…they just look so pretty. I haven't worn fake nails in nearly two years and decided I'd pick up another box. I also wanted a real red nail polish (literally my first!) for the holiday season and this was the truest red in this brand. Painting my nails tonight with it, hopefully the results are good :)

10) Leggs Opaque Tights

I still haven't tried this on to see if they come close to fitting my short frame :P I'd just been seeing so many fashion pictures on pinterest of these cute outfits with dresses and skirts paired with black tights and had to pick up a pair! We'll see if I can pull these off ;) 

So there we are! 11 items…I feel like I'm missing one to be honest, so if it pops up I'll include it later :P  

Do you have a favorite drugstore product?






No comments:

Post a Comment