Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fabulous February Favorites

February has come and gone! Although it wasn't a very fabulous month for me personally, there were still some highlights. Here were some of my favorites for the month:

Yogi Detox Tea


I had read great reviews about how Yogi Skin Detox tea helped clear up cystic acne, however I made a mistake and purchased the regular detox tea instead of the skin detox. However, I stuck with it and drank the tea for 2 weeks, curious to see if it would still help. Turns out, my skin did clear up a little and a my complexion evened out. The only thing was that the tea made my stomach a little upset right after drinking it (NOT a guzzling tea!) and the taste is funky, but I quickly got use to it. I'm going to be purchasing the Skin Detox tea soon, so we'll see how that goes!



Multivites Gummies



I had tried taking a multivitamin a few years ago, but it didn't last long as it caused nausea. However, I wanted to try again and figured the gummies might be a bit easier on my system. After taking them for about a week and a half, I wasn't sure I was seeing much of a difference and backed off for a couple days. Turns out, my acne started to flare up a little and when I went right back to taking them, my acne cleared. I'm now convinced they do help and have already purchased my second bottle.



Party-Tizers Veggie Dippin' Chips with Kale, Carrot, Spinach


Um, talk about YUMMY! These are gluten free and a bit healthier than regular chips, and with a wee bit of hummus, talk about a delicious way to satisfy your night-time munchies!




Alba Botanica Coconut Cream Lip Balm



When I first bought this, I thought I'd hate it; the balm was really rough and didn't glide over my lips at all. After using it for about a week, however, the balm smoothed out, but I still wasn't sure I loved it. I went back to using my EOS lip balm and soon realized I missed this Alba Botanica one. It's really very moisturizing, not to mention tastes and smells heavenly. Definitely buying more of these!




Wet n Wild Bronzer



I bought this in the shade Reserve Your Cabana, and turns out that particular color, though advertised as a bronzer, is actually a highlighter (unless you literally are Snow White). I was a bit disappointed at first, but then came to discover how invaluable a highlighter actually is. It's amazing how much an improvement this one product makes the entire outcome look so much better. Can't go a day without it!




Freeman Feeling Beautiful Chocolate and Strawberry Facial Mask



Now that I've started oil cleansing (posts to come soon), I've been holding off on this mask for about a week, but before that I was using it up to 2-3 times a week. I've fallen in love with this mask, which claims to tone and moisturize. I was using it every Sunday and Wednesday, or on nights where my skin felt extra dry. It's perfect for sensitive skin and doesn't dry out my skin like most facial masks do. Plus, it's only about $4 at the drugstore!




Rue 21 MMXIV for Her Limited Edition 



So I have never owned actual perfume before, so lemme jus' tell ya right now, I was excited to get this 
stuff ;P It took forever to decide which Rue 21 fragrance I wanted because my nose was bombarded with seven different fragrances, but this one seemed to be the least aggravating to my sensitivities, and the scent, though deep, is very light. I've been wearing this every single day and love it. It isn't very strong, which in one sense is good because I don't have to worry about giving a headache, but in another sense I don't really smell it throughout the day (maybe I get desensitized and others can, I dunno). It has mandarin, berries, honeysuckle, sandalwood, and vanilla. The first three notes kind of surprised me when I found out what they were because I'm not usually into those scents, but I love the last two scents and those are rather strong, so I think it evens out very well. 


WHAT WERE YOUR FEBRUARY FAVORITES?


No comments:

Post a Comment