Friday, January 10, 2014

Flash-Back Friday : Golden Globes

I just realized the Golden Globes were this Sunday! In preparation for the bombardment of gorgeous makeup and dresses (and, to be sure, some outrageous-ness), here are some of my favorite looks from past years at the Golden Globes red carpet.



1. Emma Stone

Emma Stone must be listed first. This look is one of my all-time favorites from ANY red carpet. She managed to pull off a pale color with her fair complexion, hair, and eyes and not look washed-out. I love the simple look, from the sleek lines of the dress to simple makeup and jewelry, and yet it isn't at all under-whelming. 


2. Kristen Bell

THIS is how you dress a baby bump on the red carpet. 



3. Emily Blunt

I'm not always a fan of Emily Blunt's red carpet style, but she has those few occasions where I just fall in love. This yellow dress looked stunning on her, and the earrings added the needed pop of color to balance any sallowness that might've been there otherwise. 


4. Maria Menounos

I don't know, just something about the color and lines of this dress are extremely flattering. 


5. Helen Mirren

How adorable is she? I love it when a woman of her age knows how to dress with class and still look incredibly chic. 


What I Hope to See on Sunday:

Pantone has named Radiant Orchid as the color of 2014. It's not exactly a "newly come" color, but I'd love for it to make it's way to the Golden Globes. However, as it can be such a bold color, I hope the orchid will also expand beyond just a gown and take place in lipstick, eyeshadow,  manicures, or jewelry.  






No comments:

Post a Comment